Saturday 11 August 2012

The Great August Sketchbook Project!!

Well, I have made a start but, as usual, I've been a little side-tracked by other things - wrestling with CreateSpace, making miniature bears for an exhibition in September, the seemingly perpetual re-decoration of my home, a painting for an art competition on DeviantArt ... I know, I know, I said I was going to put my paints away and just draw for the entire month but my brain just doesn't work like that it seems. I hop from one thing to the next and back again all the time. When something gets into my head I have to start work on it there and then. I'm hopless, really I am. :-|

But the sketchbook itself isn't going too badly so far. Rather than just fill it with quickly scribbled stuff, I'm taking the time to work on each drawing, re-working and re-working again when things aren't quite right, resisting the temptation to give up on an image too quickly and not allowing myself to tear out any pages.










Finally, a quick Troll update: - sculpey troll now has a snazzy little hat, a shirt and a pair of linen trousers; measuring a troll's inside leg - that was a first! Just his coat, shoes and a few accessories to go...

1 comment:

  1. Blimey...you have done quite a lot of work in the new sketchbook already. And it's all really cool stuff.
    Fantastic!
    Stew.
    stewcrowther.wordpress.com
    _________________________

    ReplyDelete